From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: GiB or GB
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:38:59 GMT
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:36:55PM +0530, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Mike we should do that, can you file a doc bug? Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski
> <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
> > Cool...I wonder if that is something we should document since that is
> > technically a GiB?

I'd suggest that we don't change everything to GiB.  Technically, it's
accurate.  However I'd bet that most users would be confused by the
introduction of GiB into the docs, unless the documentation was only to
clarify that references to GBs are actually GiBs, but are kept as GB for
the purpose of reader / user understanding.

There's a reason that the industry still uses GB's everywhere...  ;-)