From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WIKI] Do we need a top-level Releases page?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:21:52 GMT
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:18:54AM -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> > Joe,
> >
> > I added those in.  IMHO, our wiki should just "export" content and then it gets
"styled" up and be put on cloudstack.org.

> > Take a look at cxf landing page vs the wiki.  Their landing page is nothing more
than dressed up wiki.

> > Landing page:
> > http://cxf.apache.org/
> >
> > wiki:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/
> >
> > This has a few benefits:
> > - Reduces the things we have to keep track of to a minimum.
> > - Familiar platform for people who want to write things targeted to the end user/cloud
operator.
> > - End user/cloud operator has a natural way to dig deeper.
> >
> > Our collaborations should happen on the mailing list but once a consensus is achieved
someone should write something on the wiki.  This is similar to how we're doing the FSes currently.

> > David has gotten admin privilege to allow us to customize the html export of our
wiki.  I haven't had any time to look at it though (partly because I can only tinker with
it through David since I have no such karma so it's slow for me to get started.)

> > --Alex
>

> So while the autoexport will export html to cwiki.a.o, it can not
> become the main website (e.g. cs.o or i.a.o/cloudstack)
>
> See:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusethemirroroftheautoexportsiteasourmainwebsite%253F
>
> (and while it says yes, what it really means is..not anymore)
>
> --David

There's that moving target for ASF practices again... ;-)

That's a shame, because I like Alex's proposal.