From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: QA Process Question
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:25:37 GMT
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 02:21:25PM +0000, Donal Lafferty wrote:
> How would a git patch equivalent work for JIRA?
>
> Take the example of a plugin developed independently that will be donated to the project.
 It is very handy to merge QA records that deal with known problems and recommendations for
future changes.  How would you track these in such a way that they can be easily merged with
CloudStack's JIRA?

> DL

Not easily, no.  There is an export / import capability, but fields will
may be different between the two systems.  Generally, it's probably not
a good idea.

Plus, there's a question of content ownership.  Are you talking about a
"donation" of code, and including some sort of extract in the content of
what's being donated?

Also, this raises a bit of a concern in my mind.  We really don't want
lots of development outside the project, than then gets "donated".  Can
you be more specific about what you are talking about here?

-chip