From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Security Group in Advanced zone
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:18:40 GMT
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 11:43:52AM -0800, Anthony Xu wrote:
> I see your point, I think it should be case by case,
>
> In this feature, 100 line change are in 6 "manager" class, there is no unit framework
for them, to be honest, I don't know to create the unit framework for manager class, I believe
it is a big task. If the framework is there, I'm glad to add test cases inside framework to
test the path I changed.

> If every function change needs unit test change, and as you said there is <1% unit
coverage. This will be a big burden for developer, may slow down development. We may need
to balance between them.

So if we don't start doing this now, when will we start?  I hope you get
my point here...  yes, things slow down, but then they speed up.  Test
coverage is critical to rapid development in such a large community.

-chip