From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: QEMU support in CloudStack
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:05:54 GMT
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:47:29AM +0000, Paul Angus wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Your suggestion ties in nicely which a proposal that I have been mulling over; and that
is further abstraction of the hypervisor, by CloudStack becoming more ‘toolset agonistic’
to use Xen parlance, rather than hypervisor agnostic?

> It seems quite an elegant solution to expanding hypervisor support (which easy for me
to say as I don't know how to do it)…

> The current toolsets / interfaces become something like:
>
> OVM Manager (OVM)
> vCenter (ESXi)
> XAPI (XenServer, XCP, Xen+XAPI)
> Libvirt (KVM, Xen+Libvirt, QEMU)
> WMI/PowerShell (Hyper-V)
>
> + a bit of logic when copying scripts across to put them in the correct location for
any given hypervisor/distribution.

Paul,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are suggesting.  Can you
elaborate?

-chip