From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Binary downloads....
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:27:09 GMT
On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 07:56:16PM -0800, Alex Huang wrote:

> [...]
a given that someone who understands java/j2ee understands linux and yum/apt repos.  For them
it is somewhat difficult and we should lower that bar.  That's where I'm coming from on this.

> I do understand packaging into rpms and debs.  There's lots of great benefits and of
course is a prerequisite to getting into distros but I look forward to the day where we just
have a few wars zipped up in tar.gz or .zip and people just download them and deploy them
as they would any webapp.

> --Alex

You could sort out how to publish the jars and wars to the ASF maven
repo as a starting point for this.

-chip