From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Revert back to old mailing list mechanism, which would add "Reply-To: mailing list" to every mail it send out
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 02:25:45 GMT
On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 04:00:46PM -0800, Sheng Yang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to call for a vote for reverting back to the old mailing list
> mechanism, which would add "Reply-To: mailing list" to every mail it
> send out.

+1 (binding)

Point of order question:

I'd like to ask exactly which type of vote we believe we are holding
here.  Not to be the "rules guy", but isn't this a technical decision?
If so, the bylaws we agreed to were that technical decisions are
only put to a formal vote in circumstances where discussion was unable
to achieve consensus.  I guess that's what you believe has happened.

That being said, we've basically started a vote that you could immediate
close down.  You've cast a -1 vote, and technical decisions are formally
voted on using the lazy consensus (at least 3 +1 binding votes, and no
binding -1 votes). Based on that, and the wording of this vote, the vote
itself is procedurally meaningless.  It's more useful as a continuation
of the conversation thread.

The more appropriate vote would be to assume that the questions were
being raised, based on a technical change to the mailing list.  Effectively,
the state that we were in is the baseline (prior to the change), and several
people have expressed opinions that are against that original technical decision.

-chip