From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OVS KVM support https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:00:10 GMT
Hello

Op 7 feb. 2013 om 22:49 heeft Angeline Shen <Angeline.Shen@citrix.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> This message is for  Hugo Trippaers   / Cloudstack-dev Community:
>
> Hi Hugo:
>
> 1.            Per   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101
>
>           https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-824
>
>        Show Hugo Trippaers added a comment - 21/Jan/13 16:41
>        see branch "cloud-agent-with-openvswitch", documentation is part of the install
guide

>        please indicate URL for “install guide”  you referred to per your comment
 above.

It is part of the CloudStack installation manual. The chapter on KVM was updated with the
open vswitch details.

> 2.  Please provide URLs for OVS functional spec

There is none, haven't gotten around to writing one yet.

> 3.            Search ing for Openvswitch configuration for testing with KVM.
> Does above install guide include OVS configuration?

It provides a sample configuration in the installation documentation.

> 4.            Which Xenserver version has been tested with OVS?

I don't know which versions of xenserver support openvswitch, but I'm using 5.6, 6.0 and 6.0.2

> 5.  Which  KVM    ( 6.3    6.2)   version  should  ovs  be tested   with Cloudplatform?

I think you mean CloudStack :-)

KVM has no version numbers as far as I know. Most of the tests have been done on a gentoo
system with a recent kernel and openvswitch 1.7.1 and libvirt 0.9.11

But centos 6.3 works as well, provided the libvirt has the correct version. I validated the
procedures in the installation manual with a centos 6.3 system.

> Thanks

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Hugo