From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [discuss] problem to access the CS IRC channel
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:01:36 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 06:47 PM, Fang Wang wrote:
> If we can use the local client IRC to talk to the server,  then it will
> ring when there's msg for me. (at least
> For some client), but seems the webchat won't be able to ring.
>
> But webchat gets us the connection at least :)

You can find alternate ports here, maybe one of those would help?

http://freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml

Alternately, do you have SSH access to any servers that might be able to
connect using irssi (http://www.irssi.org/)?

A lot of us use SSH+irssi+screen (or tmux) to keep a persistent
connection even when we might be traveling.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier