From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WIKI] Do we need a top-level Releases page?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:20:37 GMT
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013, at 12:52 PM, Alex Huang wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I think the pages for the releases in progress which updates users and
> developers about the status, bugs, and features of a release in progress
> should still be relatively high in the tree so people can easily access
> it.  That's information that people don't have access to from the landing
> page.  It doesn't have to be top level though.  You decide.  As for the
> current release, we can probably remove it.

Sure - releases in progress definitely belong on the wiki, no question.
That's fast-moving info that we need to edit almost daily.

I just want to avoid duplicating content and having "stale" information
in one place or another. So the "finished" releases should live on the
main site because that information isn't going to change. (e.g., 4.0.0
will always have been released on 11/6/2012)

> Very disappointed that we can't use the html exports.  Don't really
> understand why from reading that page David sent out.

Sorry - the other issue he raised is pretty clear, though: To use the
wiki as our "official" site, we'd have to lock down contributions to
committers only, which would be bad on a number of levels.

Thanks for getting back on this quickly!

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier