From Min Chen <min.c...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade path for db
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 05:45:30 GMT
My last commit 5b760f903f1a3145f62d05c1d3c142b710248026 is reverted in master. To conclude
this thread, this is not an issue for developer. Just previous db behavior is changed a bit.
Previously, after running deployDB, we will be able to see all db schema created for the branch
we work on. Now with new db sql reorganization, we will only be able to see all db schema
created after running MS first time.

-min
From: Min Chen [min.chen@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:27 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade path for db

Hi vijay,

     As I mentioned in my previous email, the commit didn't completely fix the problem, which
requires a manual workaround to copy db folder before running deploy db. I checked it in to
unblock you. Since now we realized that starting MS can fix the db  problem, I will revert
my commit.

-min

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2013, at 7:07 PM, "Vijayendra Bhamidipati" <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com>
wrote:

> I spoke too soon - I hadn't realized I was in another branch when my setup worked, and
the branch didn't have your fix.. now on master, I actually am hitting the exception you mentioned
(of not finding the scripts) with the fix in place and if I revert it, I'm not seeing it anymore..
any chance you may be missing something else in your setup??

> Regards,
> Vijay

server to bring up the mgmt. server.. I hadn't copied over the setup/db/db directory either..
did a fresh db deploy and ran the mgmt. server.. thanks for fixing the db checker invocation!

> Cheers!
> Regards,
> Vijay

invoking DatabaseUpgradeChecker. I just checked in Commit
> 5b760f903f1a3145f62d05c1d3c142b710248026 to address this issue, but still have one issue
pending solution, that is, how to tell DatabaseCreator to look into setup/db folder to look
for those sql script in pom.xml. So far we haven't found a solution yet. A temporary workaround
is to copy setup/db/db to your project basedir.