From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: License issue for js file from ui-plugins merge
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:23:28 GMT
On Feb 15, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> This should be on wiki somewhere.
>
> It is not enough to reach a consensus on the ML for code collaboration and community
behavior.  Please record this decision as a guideline on the community topic on the wiki.
 Think about how new people or people who was not interested in this topic can possibly know
this decision.

> --Alex

Already agreed in other threads to documenting it, and I volunteered
to draft it.

However I disagree that this isn't a committer's responsibility to
know that licensing is a issue to raise early and often. Contributors
go through a review to help catch these things. Committer's have to
know how to behave. We can codify it (redundantly to the ASF docs),
but that's just a record to reference later. We have spent too much
time with this issue for anyone that's been around to have missed it.