From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] "Arming" cloudstack supporters in "stack war" bakeoffs....
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:38:40 GMT
A while back I got started on converting my Visio diagrams over to gliffy and then got distracted
but something shiny.  I'll work on converting those over so they can be easily integrated
into the wiki and modified should we need to add anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:23 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] "Arming" cloudstack supporters in "stack war" bakeoffs....

Hi,

I don't like the title of this thread but to make sure we bring it to consensus I will reply
again:

I propose to do an Ubuntu quick start guide for a simple setup, basic networking, single nic
per host, two hosts (mgt + hypervisor).

I started a wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/ubuntu-quick-start-guide

To draft an outline of what the guide should look like. There has been some complaints on
Linkedin and IRC that our install guide are not good (to put it mildly), I have encourage
folks to file bugs but still we probably need to do a more streamline kickstarted guide.

Clayton maybe you can contribute to this page and we can then use some of your diagrams to
build the document.

Once we agree on the outline, I can start building it in docbook.

thoughts ?

-Sebastien