From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: DevCloud Question
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:29:04 GMT
Xen and iSCSI can be a little bit quirky at times with how it is able to see LUNs.  Sometimes
it won't see the LUNs properly with the full IQN and you just need to have it use a wildcard
instead.  I've found it varies a bit from one storage vendor to another.  If you're familiar
at all with iSCSI (specifically, the open-iscsi package) and Linux the same tools are available
from the shell on your Xen host.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 2:25 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: DevCloud Question

Thanks for the info, Marcus!

So, does anyone out there use Xen with iSCSI?  :)

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:

> KVM has a bunch of agents/scripts. I haven't had to install anything
> in our Xen devclouds, but there do seem to be some scripts in the
> source. Sorry, I'm no help here.
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Mike Tutkowski
> <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, Marcus
> >
> > Do you know if - generally speaking - I would need to install some CS
> > software on the hypervisor before creating primary storage that said
> > hypervisor could use?
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Not sure, I've never done Xen+iscsi. Maybe someone else can help. You
> >> could also try connecting the iscsi SR manually on the devcloud, and
> >> then using the 'presetup' storage. Doing it manually might show you
> >> what's wrong in the devcloud, and then presetup might not be
> >> necessary, but it's a place to start.

> Primary

> storage
> >> failed
> create
> due
> on
> >> >

> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createStoragePool(StorageManagerImpl.java:1671)
> >> >

> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createPool(StorageManagerImpl.java:1450)
> >> >

> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createPool(StorageManagerImpl.java:212)
> >> >

> org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.storage.CreateStoragePoolCmd.execute(CreateStoragePoolCmd.java:119)
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> >> >

> org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

> out

> shadowsor@gmail.com

> management
> >> the

> superset of
Disk
> entries
> Primary

> the
> used
> really
It's

> when
> so I

You
> attaches to
> >> this
> this

> >> option

>  :)

environment.  I
> >> believe

the case earlier).
fine (192.168.56.1
> and

script (which
> >> references a

Goasguen <

Tutkowski <

Apparently it actually wants
> >> there
 :)

to deploy the
> "datacenter"
> >> on

not have to write it
> from
have to edit it to

wrote:

> [...]
work either.  :)

it does reference a
> datacenterCfg
one and see what happens.  :)

PM, Sebastien Goasguen <

PM, Sebastien Goasguen <

at 10:38 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
wrote:

> [...]
solved now.  :)  However, the
> >> script
 I don't see this config file
> anywhere
> >> on

file ./datacenterCfg not found. please

-pl tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr

-pl tools/devcloud
> -Ddeploysvr

to configure your mgt server

work try:

> >> devcloud.cfg

up out of Rohit's blog:

with this you can edit the
you want (storage, hosts,
> >> hypervisor

2013 at 2:17 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <

2013, at 10:10 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

the "backup" approach, as well, but it
> didn't
> >> work
I'm missing a Python module?

mtutkowski$ cd
mtutkowski$ pwd

> /Users/mtutkowski/documents/cloudstack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/devcloud
mtutkowski$ python
(most recent call last):
"../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py", line
> 21,
> >> in
cloudstackTestClient

> "/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackTestClient.py",
20, in <module>
dbConnection

> "/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/dbConnection.py",
18, in <module>
mysql
No module named mysql

download mysql-connector-python, but I'm not
> that
and where to put this download so it can be

install it ?

try something like:

mysql-connector-python 1.0

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Sebastien Goasguen
> <

Jan 23, 2013, at 9:16 PM, David Nalley <
> >> david@gnsa.us

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski

<mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

This really was a great overview of using
> DevCloud.

link to it from here:

> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud

It's a wiki, please edit boldly!

--David

I added the video link to the new docs, but
> it

Tutkowski*
CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
the way the world uses the