From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack VS OpenStack - stack wars
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:37:08 GMT
What development resources does your employer have available?  How well versed are they with
Python and/or Java?

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:35 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: CloudStack VS OpenStack - stack wars

So would like to start by saying - I'm all for CS - I really like the community, what it offers
and simplicity.

With that in mind, I need help defending CloudStack vs OpenStack to my management team.

Basically I was approached by management team saying they attended an executive meeting and
there is a much greater adoption/usage rate for openstack vs cloudstack. I don't want to mention
the numbers - but they are very significant. As a point of comparison, just go to any job
site (I used linkedin job search feature) and use look for number of current opening for cloudstack
and then openstack.

With that in mind, I need help defending cloudstack - in house.

If anyone did a bake off in house - that is recent, please help and contribute to this thread.

I will the post it on wiki if no-one objects.

Thanks
ilya