From Tariq Iqbal <tariq.iq...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Servet-Engine Question
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:31:58 GMT
Mike,

Are you using DevCloud? You can find out more here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud

If you are then, you may find some clues to setting up bridge networking in the paragraph
by Edison Su dated Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 12:33 PM in the following link:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201211.mbox/%3C1352563187.17686.140661151952769.71D5536B@webmail.messagingengine.com%3E

Regards,

Tariq Iqbal

S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447909911600

tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: 21 January 2013 22:52
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Servet-Engine Question

So, I began to think something was weird in VirtualBox, so I installed VMware Fusion and installed
Ubuntu 12.04.01 in a VM.  Under NAT, I could bring up the login page and log in.  Under Bridged,
this did not work.

Any ideas?  Am I going to need separate physical boxes to run CloudStack?

Thanks!

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Mike Tutkowski < mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Actually, when I run the start command, it opens up Nautilus (this is
> Ubuntu) and places me in this folder:
>
> /home/mtutkowski/systemvm_mnt
>
> There are no files there, however (not even hidden ones).
>

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> I also see this when running in bridged mode:
>>
>> mtutkowski@csms-tut:/etc/init.d$ sudo ./cloud-management status
>>  * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running.
>>
>> When I do a start, it doesn't return an error message, but status
>> indicates the servlet engine did not start.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> When I am in bridged mode in a VirtualBox VM running the CS
>>> Management Server on Ubuntu 12.04.1, I receive the following
>>> exception in the Catalina log...any idea why this might be (it works fine in
NAT mode)?

>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080 at
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1129)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:
>>> 540) at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:75

--
*Mike Tutkowski*