From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject inconsistent docs in wiki for maven build and devcloud
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:16:29 GMT
Hi,

I noticed some inconsistent documentation on how to build from source, as well as multiple
devcloud pages that use different profiles and properties.

namely:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud-kvm.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-devcloud-environment-setup.html
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/DevCloud
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/diy-devcloud-setup.html (is pre maven)

systemvm was not a profile before, seems to have been made into a profile and now is a "property"

I do this on my laptop (running mgt server and db there):
mvn -Pdeveloper clean install -DskipTests -Dsystemvm
mvn -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb -P developer
mvn -pl client jetty:run

The configure devcloud with:
mvn -P developer -pl tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr

This results in systemvm not starting. No errors in logs.

What's the proper way to build from source for devcloud ?

-Sebastien