From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Asymmetric NIC prepare / release behaviour in NetworkManagerImpl
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:32:06 GMT
On 17/01/13 10:51 AM, "Mills, Joseph" <joe@midokura.jp> wrote:

>Hi Murali,
>
>Thanks for the link. I see in that mail:
>
>Create - IP address assigned to the NIC stays across start/stop sessions
>

>In the case where I am not seeing a corresponding release to a prepare
>call, the reservation strategy is 'Create'. However the trigger here
>is destroying the VM. Should I expect to see a release happen at some
>point when destroying the VM? I do see the release happening for the
>nics with a 'Start' reservation strategy.

Joe,

Could be a bug. Are you running into any issue due to this asymmetric
behaviour?

Most of the network elements just skip both prepare and release. Only
Nicira network element handles both prepare and release to add/delete
switch port on NVP controller for NIC. I would imagine even midonet will
need similar logic. Please check with Hugo if he had run into any issues
related to this behaviour.

thanks,
Murali