From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Social media
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:51:07 GMT
On 1/3/13 11:44 AM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Prior to our move at the ASF there were a number of social media
>> accounts held in the CloudStack project's name.
>>
>> Off the top of my head these include:
>>
>> http://twitter.com/cloudstack
>> http://identi.ca/cloudstack
>> https://www.youtube.com/cloudstack
>> http://www.facebook.com/CloudStack
>> http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CloudStack-Community-3144859
>>
>> There might be more, if I missed one, don't hesitate to point it out.
>>
>> As a community we need to decide what to do with these accounts and
>> how we want to do it.
>>
>> --David
>>

>So do you have any ideas about how we should manage their content /
>manage access to them?
>
>-chip

I managed the Twitter account along with Karen Vuong, Joe Brockmeier and
David Nalley. Same with the YouTube, Linkedin and Facebook accounts. I
stopped back on the 14th of December when this discussion started to see
what the community. I'd be happy to keep doing so along with anyone else
who wants to but in the time.  I thought we'd have some but it's been a
few weeks of non-activity and hate to see the accounts go unattended.

My suggestion would be to have a group of designates with posting
privileges to the social media accounts and when approved the members of
the PPMC could hand out the creds. If you like we can draft a social media
policy/guidelines for approval as well.

Mark

Mark R. Hinkle
Senior Director, Cloud Computing Community
Citrix Systems
p: 919.228.8049
m: 919.522.3520
e: mark.hinkle@citrix.com