From Noa Resare <...@spotify.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] adopt semantic versioning for cloudstack?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:58:38 GMT
When reading the incubation policy(1) my understanding is that the
"incubating" requirement is a labeling thing for the archive file that gets
voted on, and not something that necessarily needs to be part of the
version of the release.

Looking at the release management guide(2) it seems implied that the
incubating substring is part of the project name and not the version.

Of course, I'm just speculating here. Someone with seniority within the ASF
might want to chime in, perhaps?

/noa

1) http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
2) http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

--
Engineering Experience, Infrastructure tribe, Spotify