From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: inconsistent docs in wiki for maven build and devcloud
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:52:19 GMT
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I do this on my laptop (running mgt server and db there):
>>> mvn -Pdeveloper clean install -DskipTests -Dsystemvm
>>
>> Should be:
>> mvn clean install -P systemvm,developer -DskipTests (# if skipping tests)
>
> I get a missing profile with systemvm, I have to use -Dsystemvm ?????

I have no idea, are you using maven3? See from the building page,
systemvm is a profile:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+to+build+on+master+branch#Howtobuildonmasterbranch-BuildingCloudStack

Make sure you've mkisofs and check the built systemvm.iso from
console-proxy/dist
>> What I explained in my blog was manual creation for most part, we have
>> some stuff in tools/devcloud which is supposed to build devcloud using
>> viewee/vagrant/vbox here: (it's not maintained for long, it may not
>> work now, will check next week):
>> tools/devcloud/README.md
>
> I mean that the systemvm profile is a bit new. Early compile from source did not have
this profile.
> Then it seems to have been changed from a -P systemvm to a -D systemvm…so I am confused.

Yes, but it was introduced more than two months ago by Hugo. I asked
on ML if we want to enable it by default, the consensus was we should
not have isos enabled by default, the idea I remember is that users
may want to change scripts (even when they install cloudstack) and
maybe we should have a way for CloudStack to build an iso from the
scripts paths before it's used with the hosts.

Regards.