From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] DeployVirtualMachine userdata enhancements
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 04:13:04 GMT
+1 But if we are sending base64 encoded userdata as part of POST, we
can increase the limit even further.

-1 If userdata will be sent as part of GET query, based on the rfc [1]
and from the widely used ugliest web browser [2] the GET url length
should be <= 2000 (we're already exceeding that how we send userdata
request at present).

Suggestion: Make POST as the default way of requesting apis from mgmt server.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html
[2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q208427

Regards.

API - I have added some info here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DeployVirtualMachine+userdata+enhancements