From Dave Cahill <dcah...@midokura.jp>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Networking plugin to integrate the MidoNet SDN platform with CloudStack
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 04:59:15 GMT
Hi all,

There were a few mentions on the list over the past few months [1] about
creating a plugin to integrate the MidoNet [2] SDN platform with CloudStack.

Since processes for new features have become better-defined since the
initial discussion, I'd like to start ticking the boxes to make sure the
plugin is created with community involvement: creating and discussing the
Functional Spec and design, creating a Jira ticket to track progress etc.

I would like to aim the plugin for the CloudStack 4.2.0 release.

Here's my understanding of next steps.

* dcahill to create a Functional Spec
Should be a child of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design+Documents+Not+Committed+to+a+Release
Should follow this template
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design+Document+Template

* dcahill to create a "New Feature" item to track progress within the
CLOUDSTACK project here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK

As the items above progress, I'll keep the list updated. I look forward to
discussing the plugin plans - any questions you have, just let me know!

Thanks,
Dave.

[1] Initial commit of MidoNet plugin skeleton:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201208.mbox/%3C20120813142751.23840.41217@reviews.apache.org%3E

[2] http://www.midokura.com/midonet/