From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Help regarding Resource allocation in CloudStack 4.0
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:44:18 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Kausal Malladi <mkausal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to explore and understand "Compute Controller" component of the
> CloudStack architecture. Can anyone help me with any document regarding the
> same?
> I would appreciate if someone helps me with the module that takes care of
> its implementation.
>
> Thanks and Regards,

As Sebastien has pointed out in IRC - there is the Allocator Algorithm
guide which does an ok job of presenting an understanding of how
things work. Much of that is unchanged - though the allocators are now
plugins, so structure has changed, but not really the logic behind the
allocators themselves.

You probably should also take a look at Chiradeep and Alex's talk on
architecture here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwisRfJVdM
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1K_8rvDhic

Again - a lot of this has or is changing, but should provide a good
foundation for understanding.

--David