From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Private development branch
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:43:18 GMT
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi
<sateesh.chodapuneedi@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the current work flow for development (non-committer) fits well for small patch
development.
> But in case of feature development or bigger patches which might need longer period of
development, developer need some place to push the code changes. It's needed to push code
changes to secure location rather than depend on commits to local repository (in their development
machine).

> Would forking ASFCS on any public git host (github.com) sound good? Is that a legitimate
idea?

> Regards,
> Sateesh

While I don't like the term 'private' I think it's fine to use github
or some similar service for this purpose.
If you do use github, forking our github mirror[1] is probably easiest.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack