From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: CloudStack VS OpenStack - stack wars
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:44:16 GMT
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM,  <kdamage@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmm, they state in 2012 cloudstack become a project independent of openstack. This is
odd because they were well into v2.x in 2012, and there was no mention of code connection
to openstack at  that point.

> References? Does anyone know the details?
>
> -kd

Both Cloud.com and Citrix were members of the OpenStack initiative,
and both contributed code towards the efforts.
CloudStack was never directly part of those efforts, and Citrix still
contributes code to OpenStack around XenServer last I checked.
But CloudStack has always been its own project/product.

--David