From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject [ACS41] New feature testing expectations
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:35:33 GMT
Hi folks,

I just wanted to reiterate what Chip has been outlining in his release
management emails.

There are more folks working on CloudStack than ever, and with
refactoring and scores of new features being proposed for 4.1, testing
is more incredibly important.

The expectation is that:
If you are working on a new feature, tests are a part of that feature.
Ideally we'd have both unit and integration tests for each new feature.
We also expect that your feature is working (and tested) before you
propose a merge to master.

If the above isn't true, please don't be surprised by negative
reaction or even vetos to your merge proposals.

--David