From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: VmWare licensing...
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:16:34 GMT
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Chip and others who knows this,
>
> If we generate our own client stubs from the vmware wsdl, does that mean vmware can be
in oss?  When you looked at the licensing for vmware, did that come across as an alternative?

> Thanks.
>
> --Alex

Such things have been discussed as OK on legal-discuss in the past for
other projects. We talked about it during 4.0 and decided not to try
at that point to minimize change, but I'd personally love to see that
happen so that VMware was part of the OSS build.

We'd prolly want to open a ticket on legal-discuss to ensure that the
legal powers that be are ok with it.

--David