From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Upload Diff to Review Board fails on 'file not found in the repository'
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:18:38 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> All these responses are correct.  For a multi-commit patch, create  via 'post-review'
and not the ReviewBoard GUI.

> The problem is with adding a diff file that aggregates a bunch of patches.  In my case,
I've ~97 commits.  Our old workflow suggests generating the patch with 'git format-patch -s
master', but that gives you 97 different patches to review (see http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Git+workflow+in+the+brave+new+world).
 Apache suggests dumping the patches into a single file with 'git format-patch master --stdout
> ~/patch-name.patch' (see http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/develop/non-contributors.html)
 As Likitha and Min point out, this causes problems when one patch is dependent on another.

Yeah wiki.cloudstack.org is deprecated and needs to go away.

--David