From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding LXC support to Cloudstack
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:13:27 GMT
Hi Phong,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Phong Nguyen <pnguyen@gilt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are interested in adding LXC support to Cloudstack.

I've also been interested in Cloudstack support for LXC. I checked a few
days ago for it and was disappointed when I could not find it but found
support for it in OpenStack instead :P. I wanted to inquire about adding
LXC support thinking this might be a good starting point for my getting
involved in the code. At this point, I have nothing further to contribute
besides the link you already found, but I thought if others saw more people
interested then LXC support might be considered.

I've searched around
> for container support for Cloudstack and was able to find one posting
> related to OpenVZ (over a year ago):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28030821

BTW OpenVZ is great stuff but I've found the fact that you need a custom
Kernel a bit of a problem. LXC is much better in this sense since it's
already present in every kernel past 2.6.26 (or 2.6.29?) but that's besides
the point of this thread. Sorry for digressing.

Is there any current, on-going, or future work planned in this area? Are
> there any architectural changes since then that would affect the
> suggestions in this posting? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

I too am interested in these details.

Thanks,
Alex