From Adnan Ashraf <mohammad.adnan.ash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JVM level cluster deployments
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 05:16:12 GMT
Thanks for the feedback. so how does CloudStack provide HA/failover
guarantees? (not just the apache CloudStack but also the Citrix enterprise
CloudPlatform and cloudPortal/CPBM)?

A service provider using CloudStack would expect nothing breaks from two
angle: user's perspective and back-end provisioning services. During
provisioning of a VPC (which has many atomic steps) or in the middle of VM
creation process, the application dies (for whatever reason). This case
could easily result in half-baked (bad data) situation and abandoned
workflows loosing the provisioning process.

What workarounds or maybe persistent state based retries or logic is in
place for this situation?

Adnan