From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Servet-Engine Question
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:10:29 GMT
I wonder if this could be my problem (from
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html):

On *Macintosh* hosts, functionality is limited when using AirPort (the
Mac's wireless networking) for bridged networking. Currently, VirtualBox
supports only IPv4 over AirPort. For other protocols such as IPv6 and IPX,
you must choose a wired interface.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Well, unfortunately two networks didn't seem to solve the problem for me.
>  So weird...NAT mode works just fine...it's just bridged mode.
>
> If I run cloud-management status, it says Tomcat is not running.
> If I run clould-management start, it gives me back an OK.
> Then I run cloud-management status again and it says Tomcat is not running.
>
> If I go to the tomcat6 script in /etc/init.d and run tomcat6 start, Tomcat
> does seem to start and I can hit its welcome page, but it has no knowledge
> of localhost:8080/client.
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks like Edison is suggesting the use of two networks:  host only
>> and bridged.  I should give that a shot.
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> One "problem" I have with just using DevCloud is that I work for a
>>> data-storage company (SolidFire) and will need to run CloudStack in such a
>>> way as to leverage my company's storage product.
>>>
>>> I don't think I can use internal networking then because my VMs wouldn't
>>> have access to the storage systems in our lab.

 at

--
*Mike Tutkowski*