From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Running Maven Command
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:50:08 GMT
Thanks for the feedback, Alex.

I'm trying to deploy the DB and am here:
Deploying Database

Note: The following is a WIP feature, use the old Ant command for a
complete refresh. This command assumes you have a proper setup in
utils/conf/db.properties and the cloud user already exists on your mysql
database.

$ mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb

To customize hosts, password etc. just copy utils/conf/db.properties to
utils/conf/db.properties.override (this is git ignored by default) and edit
the properties as needed they will override the defaults in
utils/conf/db.properties.

I'm not exactly sure what a "proper setup" means.  Would you be able to
clarify this for me?

Currently when I run the Maven command to deploy the DB, I get a warning
(which I think I can ignore):

[WARNING] Ignoring missing properties file:
/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/utils/conf/db.properties.override

I think I only need the .override file if I actually overrode a property,
but perhaps I should be overriding properties?  I'm not sure.

In a related manner, this message is later displayed:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
file:/Users/mtutkowski/.m2/repository/org/apache/cloudstack/cloud-utils/4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/cloud-utils-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar!/db.properties

Thanks for any help!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com