From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Question about Disk Offerings
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:53:14 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm continuing to learn some of the basics of CloudStack.  :)

I was able to create an iSCSI target from an Ubuntu VM of mine and enable a
XenServer VM of mine to see it.

I went into CloudStack and created a new Primary Storage type based off of
that storage (by specifying PreSetup).

I then went into Disk Offerings and created a new one that leveraged my new
Primary Storage type (now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I did this
was to use the same Storage Tag I created with my Primary Storage type as
the Storage Tag of my new Disk Offering).

I later created a new VM Instance and selected a Data Disk Offering equal
to the new Disk Offering I had created.

This all seemed to work well.  :)

Now, I was curious, it looks like my VM Instance (which is a tinyOffering)
is running on local storage of my XenServer.  How was this determined?  I
looked at the Compute Offering.  If the Compute Offering would have had a
Storage Tag of my new Disk Offering, would my VM Instance have been placed
on that storage?

Thanks for clarifying for me!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*