From Wei ZHOU <ustcweiz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling Virtio for Windows guests on KVM
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:00:04 GMT
Hi Chris,

I notice that in the class com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource, Windows PV is
classified as Other PV.
         s_mapper.put("Windows PV", "Other PV");
In my opinion, you can set the OS type as "Other PV". Before this, you have
to install the virtio drivers in Windows. You can see:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/WindowsGuestDrivers/Download_Drivers
After that, if you change the VM configuration XML file (you can see
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Virtio), and start the VM, you should see from
the device manager in Windows that the NIC and disk are RedHat VirtIO
devices.

It is complicated to install the SCSI disk driver. And it does not always
work well.
For example, maybe you have to install the driver for Windows 2003 in
Windows XP (I remember this not very clear).

Kind regards,
Wei