From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ACS41] Help requested reviewing new features and improvements
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:00:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm going to start the work to go through all 106 new features and
improvements that we have tagged for the 4.1.0 release now.  I've
shared a filter to find the issue list at [1].

I'm looking for someone to volunteer to help with this process (we
don't need a ton of people, just one or two).

I'll be starting at the lowest issue number, and working my way up.
If someone wants to take the opposite direction, we can meet in the
middle.

Basically, the checklist I'd like to go through would be as follows:

Record maintenance:
(1) Ensure that the issue is not a duplicate, and if it is, pick one
and resolve the other.  The one resolved as duplicate should have the
fix version field emptied to make sure that a query for 4.1.0 release
items is clean. We have had several duplicate issues created recently,
so this is more of a cleanup review.
(2) Ensure that the type is appropriately classified as a new feature
or improvement (or even reclassify as as bug if required).
(3) Ensure that a developer is in the assignee field.

Discussion and Design checks:
(4) Check that the feature / improvement has been discussed on the
mailing list (or is still being discussed).  Put a link to the
relevant DISCUSS and / or PROPOSAL threads in the record's description
field.
(5) Check that we have a functional spec started (or done) on the wiki
(and that it's a child page of the 4.1 design page).  Put a link to
the FS wiki page in the record's description field.

Release Planning Checks:
(6) Link in any blocker issues for the item, if it is dependent on
some other change (i.e.: re-architecture work as a blocker for a
feature that relies on it)
(7) Ensure that we have a documentation sub-task for any required doc
changes (we'll need to ensure that someone volunteers to document the
feature)
(8) Ensure that we have a test sub-task for functional testing (we'll
need to ensure
that someone volunteers to test the feature)
(9) Note in the comments if the code is expected to come in via
review-board vs. a merge request of an asf repo feature branch.  This
would be based on the assignee's commit rights.

Thanks, and let me know if you can help or have any concerns with this process!

-chip

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12323345