From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Social media
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:56:18 GMT

>>> http://identi.ca/cloudstack
>>> https://www.youtube.com/cloudstack
>>> http://www.facebook.com/CloudStack
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CloudStack-Community-3144859
>>>
>>> There might be more, if I missed one, don't hesitate to point it out.
>>>
>>> As a community we need to decide what to do with these accounts and
>>> how we want to do it.
>>>
>>> --David
>>>

>>So do you have any ideas about how we should manage their content /
>>manage access to them?
>>
>>-chip
>

> I managed the Twitter account along with Karen Vuong, Joe Brockmeier and
> David Nalley. Same with the YouTube, Linkedin and Facebook accounts. I
> stopped back on the 14th of December when this discussion started to see
> what the community. I'd be happy to keep doing so along with anyone else
> who wants to but in the time.  I thought we'd have some but it's been a
> few weeks of non-activity and hate to see the accounts go unattended.

Thanks for being willing to continue to be part of managing the accounts Mark.

> My suggestion would be to have a group of designates with posting
> privileges to the social media accounts and when approved the members of
> the PPMC could hand out the creds.

Seems reasonable.

> If you like we can draft a social media
> policy/guidelines for approval as well.

That's an excellent idea.  One of the concerns that I had originally
was how to ensure that the accounts are used "correctly" (whatever
that ends up meaning).  If you want to take a crack at creating a
policy, I think that's a great idea.