From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ASF 4.1][QA] New Features Vs Improvements
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:15:49 GMT
It's how they are being logged in Jira.

As part of doing a review after the cut-off date (today), I was
planning on ensuring that new features are tagged correctly as new
features...  and that smaller changes and / or internal improvements
are classified as such improvements.

To me, a new feature is something that you talk about to users /
operators of the software.  Improvements are something that are either
(1) trivial or (2) internal code changes that don't effect the user.
The classification should help with release notes as well.

I'd consider them equal for now, since I'm not sure that everything is
correctly classified yet.