From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [CLOUDSTACK-24] feature branch
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:59:23 GMT
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Abhinandan Prateek
<Abhinandan.Prateek@citrix.com> wrote:

>    Are we going to have feature branches for all major features ?

Committers would ideally do so.

> Is there any criteria to have a custom branch for features ?

Since git is so good at branching, I'd suggest that feature branches
should be our default position.  I'd only commit directly to master if
a change is really small.

> -abhi

Specific to CLOUDSTACK-24: since you are a committer, it would be best
if you created a feature branch in the shared repo so that it's being
developed in public.  Once done, you would issue a merge request and
then move the code into the master branch.