From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:27:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Abhinandan Prateek
<Abhinandan.Prateek@citrix.com> wrote:
> David/Animesh,
>
>   If we have javelin merge before ip-clearance then almost none of the
> feature patches submitted can be merged without git conflicts.
> In that case developers will have to submit new patches or make
> modifications to the patches they provided as part of the ip clearance
> process.
> Are we giving this a thought ? Can minor changes be made to the patches as
> they have been signed etc ? Can we plan to expedite the clearance process
> so that the patches make it to the master before javelin merge ?

Well, I've certainly raised the concern several times.

I'm not sure what to do.  We have a couple of issues:

1 - Our release schedule closes down the release to new features and
improvements on the 31st.
2 - There isn't such a thing as "expediting" IP clearance.  If we
assume that ICLA's are contractually enough (which IMO they are), then
we need to get a member / officer to sponsor it within the IPMC as
fast as possible.  That being said, the vote at the IPMC will be at
least 3 days.
3 - The javelin merge is still in progress.

-chip