From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Ubuntu/Debian packaging progress
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 14:12:42 GMT
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was contacted by Noa Resare from Spotify (you might have seen him on the
> mailinglist) regarding the Ubuntu and Debian packaging progress.
>
> He volunteered to help with fixing this packaging the right way, but we
> stumbled upon the problem that he doesn't have commit rights, this prevented
> us from working in the "packaging" branch.
>
> After a Skype conversation yesterday we decided to fork the CloudStack repo
> on Github[0] and work there.
>
> I know it's preferred that development stays at the ASF repo, but it would
> mean that Noa would have to sent everything in patches to me and I'd have to
> apply them.
>
> With this e-mail I want to let people know that we are working on
> CLOUDSTACK-756 [1] on that Github repo.
>
> Afterwards we'll rebase and merge everything into master so that we have new
> and shiny packages for the 4.1 release without WAF.
>
> I'll make sure we'll keep Hugo in the loop since he's doing the RPM
> packaging which shares a lot with the DEB packaging.
>
> Questions or remarks?
>
> Wido
>

> [0]: https://github.com/noaresare/incubator-cloudstack/commits/packaging
> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-765

Thanks for sharing Wido!

Noa, can I ask one minor favor of you?  Can you please be sure to
submit your part of the changes as an individual via a patch
submission on reviewboard?  We need to be sure that your changes come
in via a mechanism that is tracked as a submission to the project.
This can certainly happen after you and Wido are all set in the github
repo you are using, and ready to provide the changes to the project.

Thanks!

-chip