From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] adopt semantic versioning for cloudstack?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:29:44 GMT
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Noa Resare <noa@spotify.com> wrote:
> That's great. I'm sorry that I did not do a better job looking for previous
> discussion on the matter. Oh well.

No worries...  and yes, we're using semver.  In fact, that's why so
much attention is being paid to maintaining backward compatibility for
our API right now.  We have also agreed that we want to remain on the
major version 4 for our next feature release (4.1.0-incubating)

Actually, that's another thing to note (if you didn't pick up on it).
We have a requirement that all of our releases (until we graduate) are
"-incubating" release numbers.