From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Integration test
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:23:05 GMT
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>> On 13/1/8 上午7:33, "Edison Su" <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> >BTW, the current junit test case can be transformed into testNG test case
>> >in eclipse automatically. So if we decide to switch to testNG for both
>> >unit test and integration test, it's doable with minimal effort. But, I
>> >do like junit, which is just so simple to use, and the integration with
>> >Spring is much better than testNG. Anyway, better to just use one test
>> >framework for all if possible.
>
> I think it's fine to use more than one framework.  I don't see why we should limit how
people do their now unit tests for example.

One qualification to that, is that unit tests need to be run by
default during "mvn install", so the framework needs to be compatible
with that test execution approach.  They should also be run by a
framework that coburtura is compatible with, so that our coverage
reports are accurate.

> However, I do believe that integration testing is something that community provides for
community so integration testing itself should go on a single framework.