From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Actions Required: Getting organized for 4.1.0
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:28:04 GMT
up at 9a.m. to add a last minute feature?  :)

>> --Alex
>
> Oh geeze...  I guess. ;-)  How about 4 PM ET (1 PM PT).  I'd like to
> have a stable list to start to sort through over the weekend.  Does
> that work for everyone?

So we've hit our proposal freeze.  Thanks for getting all of that into
jira and the wiki.  If there is ANYTHING outstanding that needs to get
proposed for 4.1, now is the time to raise it.  I'd really prefer to
not have new proposals once I start the review process (outlined
below).

We've got 74 new features and 34 improvements proposed.  That's quite
a lot of change.

Next step for me - I'm going to go through each of the new features /
improvements to make sure that they are:

(1) assigned to a developer
(2) have been discussed on the mailing list (or are still being discussed)
(3) have a functional spec either done or started
(4) have a doc's sub-task for doc changes (we'll need to ensure that
someone volunteers to document the feature)
(5) have a test sub-task for functional testing (we'll need to ensure
that someone volunteers to test the feature)
(6) appropriately classified as a new feature or improvement
(7) identified clearly as blocked by another issue, if they are
dependent on some other change (i.e.: re-architecture work as a
blocker for a feature that relies on it)
(8) noted as coming in via review-board vs asf repo feature branch merge

Everyone also really needs to look at the tasks assigned to them, and
be honest about your ability to get them done by the end of the month.

We're going to need to track progress closely over the next couple of
weeks, so please do be sure to update the jira items AT LEAST once a
week before Wednesday with status / known issues / risks / etc...

Expect some followup questions on many of these items early next week
as I get through the list (and I may ask others to help with the
review).

-chip