From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cloudstack to manage User objects in LDAP
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:08:59 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Manikanta Kattamuri
<manikanta.kattamuri@sungard.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We'd like to be able to have CloudStack manage the user objects from LDAP.
>
> The reason would, be we have a set of other service offerings for the users
> of cloudstack service.
>

> Are there any others facing this type of scenarios and any solutions or
> on-going development to resolve this.
>

> Inputs and thoughts are very much welcome.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Manikanta.

Mani,

Why don't you take this a bit further, and look at what it will take
to make this (1) an optional plugin and (2) what the plugin would need
to perform?  If it's possible to do this, a concrete proposal for both
items to this list would be the next step (and allow for specific
discussions around how / if etc...)

-chip