From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Support for Intel TXT technology
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:45:09 GMT
Discussion limited to cloudstack-dev@ list.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
<animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
> This came in as I was following up on  action item from IRC today. This feature is something
that has already been developed before ACS 4.0 and processes were formalized and also had
been demonstrated in public forms such as in Intel Developers Forum last Sept but somehow
missed getting filed. Can we consider it as an exception and take it for 4.1.  I understand
we are few days past cutoff,  I will ensure we are more diligent in future.

So if it's done, it needs to come through the IP clearance process.

Step 1 is for the source code to be posted somewhere publicly for us
to review.  Following that, we should initiate a VOTE for 72 hours on
our dev list for including the proposed donation.  After that, someone
needs to find an officer or ASF member that is willing to sponsor the
process of working it through the incubator's IP clearance process.

I'd also ask for the design to be included in the FS wiki page.  I
assume this isn't a problem, since the code is complete.  This will
allow us to have complete design docs for the release's features.

As for the feature itself, is this another XenServer only feature
proposal?  We had discussed XenServer only issues during the Host
Update Notification feature discussion, and (along with other
concerns) we had agreed that features should be built to at least lay
the groundwork for support beyond just one hypervisor.