From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: Build SystemVM template
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 20:34:23 GMT
I've filled the bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1066

Target at 4.1, because it would block IPv6 feature.

Currently I am using a workaround to continue ipv6 development, but it
won't work when 4.1 release.

--Sheng

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> I was using Xen guest tools, but not for a System VM.  Instead, I was using the VM to
write disk images to volumes from within my CloudStack account.

> Details of the bug are below.
>
> Changing from Debian 7.0 to Debian6.0.5 appears to have solved problem.

> Donal Lafferty  -  6/18/12 6:42:10 PM
>
> os.fsync is not properly supported by the underlying Dom0 drivers.  Problem seems to
be that they do not advertise the feature-flush-cache capability.  Instead, they advertise
feature-barriers, but they do not implement it.  As a result, you get the following messages:

> Jun 18 23:53:39 debian70min kernel: [  186.884574] blkfront: barrier: empty write xvdc
op failed
> Jun 18 23:53:39 debian70min kernel: [  186.884587] blkfront: xvdc: barrier or flush:
disabled