From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPv6 support draft functional spec(phase 1)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:15:13 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Is the only API changed createNetwork?

Probably listNetwork etc.

> What about specifying ip address when launching VMs by an admin?

Well, I didn't aware the existence of this parameter...

I found another iptonetworklist(map type) parameter in DeployVMCmd, I
would say we won't support it right now, and see if we can do it after
phase 1.

Would document it in the FS.

> Is the systemvm in question only the dhcp system vm?  Cpvm and ssvm are not included
in this as well right?

CPVM and SSVM involved the public ip range created from
createVlanAndIpRange, untouched for now.

> We should reconsider password service.  It seems weird to me that if it's ipv6 then suddenly
password service is not supported.  Is it the same for user data?  If these things existed
for shared network in ipv4, it should work in ipv6.

We just want to make thing as simple as possible for the phase 1. The
service other than DNS/DHCP would be supported later, and depends on
how much time we have.

> All of the questions you answered wrt external devices etc should be in the spec.

I just assume we didn't support what we didn't say... Would add to FS anyway.

--Sheng

> --Alex

It's also

we would like to