From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject storage-refactor branch is created
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:17:43 GMT
Hi All,
     I created a new branch: storage-refactor, for storage refactor stuff, based on javelin.
    What it does:

1.       Clean up storage and template manager.

2.       Separate storage orchestration and provision. StorageManagerImpl/VolumeManagerImpl/TemplateManagerImpl,
are mainly for orchestration, interact with API requests, handling domain specific knowledge(all
kinds of disk offering, service offering, tags, etc, etc). *PrimaryDataStoreDriver*, *ImageDataStoreDriver*
are the layer mainly for provision based on given source and destination URI. Provision means
how to actually operate on the data,  the implementation can directly call storage box api,
or send command/message to hypervisor host, or SSVM, or other server etc.  *DataObject*, *DataStore*,
*volumeservice*, *imageservice*, which are under engine/storage folder, are the layer glue
orchestration and provision together.

3.        Tested, passed on devcloud.
     What it doesn't:

1.       Haven't hook up existing snapshot manager into new storage code, give me one day
more, I can get it work...

Some other functions are not hooked yet, for example: copy volume from secondary storage,
move volume from one storage to another etc.

2.       Nfs secondary storage still there, but it's not required in the orchestration code
any more, which means, we can remove nfs secondary storage at the provision layer, which is
more easier than at the orchestration layer.

     John, Could you help to have a quick review? Any comments/suggestion are welcome.