From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Merge Javelin branch into master
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:21:11 GMT
Edison,

Cool.  Sorry for the mini-freak out.  I also posted my design thoughts to the "new storage
framework update" thread started a little bit back.

Thanks,
-John

On Jan 8, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:

> Yes, there is no immediate change to s3-backed storage code on master branch after javelin
is merged into master. As I haven't glue the new storage code on javelin branch with storage
related api calls yet, so all the existing storage code on master will/should work as it is.

> After the merge, we can decide when to use the new storage framework code. I think all
we agree on that the storage code needs to be refactored, and if then we agree on how to do
it, that will be the time we can switch to new storage code.